This is your perfect lighter version of chai. Perfectly blended black and green tea with cinnamon, cardamon, and cloves.
Ingredients: green tea from India, China and Japan, black tea from India, cinnamon bits, orange peels, cardamom seeds, clover, natural flavor
- Water: 8 oz filtered water
- Temperature: 212° F
- Leaves: 1 heaped teaspoon
- Time: 3-5 minutes
CHAI RECIPE for 2 servings
Ingredients: 1 teaspoon fennel seeds 1 tsp aniseed 4 green cardamom pods 2 cinnamon sticks 2 cloves 600 ml of water 10 g Kashmir Khali-Kahwa tea ) 2 pieces of star anise 2 tablespoons honey 100 ml of hot milk
- Coarsely crush the fennel and anise in a mortar and fill with the other spices in a tea filter.
- Boil 600 ml of water in the pot on the stove and insert the tea filter.
- Cover and allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea filter, boil briefly and brew the Kashmir
- Khali-Kahwa with the hot spice broth.
- Filter through a sieve after 3 minutes.
- Put a piece of star anise in jars or bowls, add a teaspoon of honey and cover with the hot tea.
- Serve with frothed hot milk and cinnamon sticks
- Variants: If you like alcohol, add 1 El Rum or Amaretto